Haven't written for quite some time. Feel like am hitting some sort of a writers' block. Before it gets too pronounced, thought I should write something. So presenting the highlights of the week gone by:
Attended a seminar on brand management which was held at a prominent city hotel. While the meet seemed promising in the beginning, it soon petered out amid copious amounts of consultancy style jargon and content heavy slides full of flowcharts. It didn't add much value but at least it was a good change after so many days of being locked up in office.
Friends who are based in different cities come visiting this month. Have had some good times catching up with one of them and we have eaten out almost every day that she was here. No wonder I feel like I have gained a few kgs! Also met up with someone who is soon to be a part of our friend circle - she is all set to marry one of my close friends. Can't wait for their wedding - it's going to be so much fun!
Finally redeemed the vouchers I had from Oxford bookstore. Bought three novels after shelling out some more cash from own pocket. The new Jeffrey Archer, a Ruth Rendell and an omnibus of Sherlock Holmes tales. Ha-ppy!
Saw "Up in the Air" - good watch though slightly depressing eventually. Clooney is the best thing about the movie - great screen presence.
Also saw "Saptapadi" today. It's a classic Bengali movie starring Uttam Kumar and Suchitra Sen. Well made, interesting and with that gem of a song, 'Ei path jodi na shesh hoy (If this road didn't end)...'
I am also experiencing wanderlust once again. It's clearly time to pack my bags and leave on a jet plane. Hope it happens some time soon.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Rajnikant is God in Tamil Nadu. Here is a hilarious forward I received paying tribute to him:
1. When Rajinikanth does push-ups, he isn't lifting himself up. He is pushing the earth down.
2. There is no such thing as evolution, it's just a list of creatures that Rajinikanth allowed to live.
3 .Rajnikanth can divide by zero.
4. Rajinikanth can judge a book by it's cover.
5. Rajinikanth can delete the Recycle Bin.
6. Rajinikanth can slam a revolving door.
7. Rajinikanth once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants are today called giraffes.
8. Rajinikanth can make onions cry.
9. Rajinikanth destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
10. Rajinikanth once got into a knife-fight. The knife lost.
11. Rajinikanth never wet his bed as a child. The bed wet itself in fear.
12. Rajinikanth doesn't breathe. Air hides in his lungs for protection.
13. Rajinikanth does not own a stove, oven, or microwave, because revenge is a dish best served cold.
14. Rajinikanth has already been to Mars, that's why there are no signs of life there.
15. Rajinikanth doesn't move at the speed of light. Light moves at the speed of Rajinikanth.
16. Rajinikanth knows Victoria's secret.
17. Google won't find Rajinikanth because you don't find Rajinikanth; Rajinikanth finds you.
18. Rajinikanth leaves messages before the beep.
19. Rajinikanth calls Voldemort by his name.
20. Rajinikanth’s calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Rajanikanth.