Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

In the lap of the Himalayas

I had gone on vacation recently. The idea was to get as far away from the madding crowd (read: office) as possible.

Every place I considered (South India, Goa, Maharashtra) was literally washed out by sudden floods, accompanying landslides etc. I was beginning to think if God was trying to tell me something here ("No vacations for you my girl") and so I headed for the Himalayas. In other words, Gangtok. Of course, as soon as I had decided, there were heavy rains and landslides there as well, but I gritted my teeth and prayed hard to the Sun God.

Well, my prayers were answered and I enjoyed beautiful weather while I was there. In fact the weather took me by surprise since I was prepared to get "chilled" out. It was comfortable in the daytime and cool in the evenings.


I had a great time switching off from the worries of daily life as I gazed at the blue mountains, listened to the chants of the Buddhist monks and watched people milling about aimlessly on MG Road (yes, there's one there as well).

Here are some photographs from my trip. In case, you don't realise, let me warn you beforehand, I am an aspiring professional photographer as well.












No comments:

Post a Comment